Did you work in the UK during the 1980s, 1990s or 2000s?
Chances are you built up a decent amount of your pension in that time. How much do you know about your rights in relation to this fund?
Three reasons to transfer your UK pension:
- You could be eligible to withdraw up to 30% of that money early (at age 55). Just think – that’s a new car!
- Your UK pension is currently subject to 55% Inheritance Tax. This means that in some cases if you pass away before retirement age (65), your loved ones will be taxed a huge 55%. Isn’t that a good enough reason to get it out of the UK and into the jurisdiction in which you now live, or at least a more favourable one?
- It is currently a requirement in the UK to invest the balance of pension funds (75%) into annuities. You are forced to invest the majority of your pension funds into a poorly returning asset. Depending on your age, annuities will generate a return of about 3% of the invested amount. Transferring your UK pension allows you to take back control of your finances and retire your hard-earned funds into a more flexible structure.
International Pensions Transfer Consultants can help you get to transfer your UK pension and if you are of the required age, drawdown 25-30% of your UK pension out early, and avoid these undesirable features of the UK pension system. We make this an easy transition by helping you to:
- Establish an overseas pension scheme or correspond with your existing overseas pension
- Make direct contact with your UK pension provider
- Facilitate the transfer in accordance with British HMRC and European legislation
The result? You no longer need to wonder about that UK pension, and you’re more in the know about what will happen with your money. Plus your family will enjoy the benefits of your pension, not the UK taxman.
Our fees for processing the pension transfer are fixed on a case-by-case basis. You can be sure they are very competitive, with a very high level of service.
You will be updated regularly in relation to the process and the International Pension Transfer team will ensure that both the Overseas Pension application and the Irish Pension transfer are processed promptly and efficiently.
You get to enjoy 30% of your pension now, with the residual coming in the next 10-15 years. Isn’t it time to relax and start treating yourself?